Conflict Management Training
Healthy discussion and competition in the workplace can be useful, especially when it comes to business development or the development of new ideas. Without debating, it is almost impossible to see ideas and plans from different perspectives in order to improve them.
However, conflict between staff members can easily lead to a toxic environment, damaged relationships, decrease in employee morale and reduced productivity. Due to this, it is important to deal with any conflict or issues before it has a profound impact on the working environment.
Conflict management training is the process of teaching all members of staff the correct ways to deal with workplace disputes. This involves limiting the negative aspects of the conflict whilst maximising the positive outcomes; the primary aim is to enhance efficiency and performance. An experienced professional in conflict management training can greatly impact the workplace by enhancing team work and group outcomes.
Conflict management training provides the tools and techniques that can easily be implemented to resolve any workplace disputes. Not only does conflict management training improve the working environment and employee morale, but it also benefits the business in the long term.
The process of conflict management training will differ slightly, depending on the business, the specific problems and needs of the employees. However, it will probably include material such as:
- What conflict is and why it has the potential to escalate in the working environment
- The types and stages of conflict
- The most common conflict resolution styles and how to resolve it in the best way with positive outcomes for everyone involved
- The impact body language has on discussions and how this can lead to conflict
- The importance of communication
- Intervening in situations of conflict
- Supporting colleagues in conflicting situations
- How to use conflict to result in better productivity and performance
Although conflict management training can be helpful within the working environment, it is not something that can be achieved without a professional present. Therefore, if you wish to undergo conflict management training, it is recommended that you hire an experienced workplace dispute resolution expert from O’Sullivan Mediation.